MotoKobieta.pl • Wyświetl temat - Liverpool have seen off Dortmund and Villar

Liverpool have seen off Dortmund and Villar

O wszystkim i o niczym

Liverpool have seen off Dortmund and Villar

Postautor: lw789 » 18 maja 2018, 07:59

Each week, The Reporters put their thumbs out to the good and the bad in the world of sports. This week, they discuss standout moments from the NHL and NBA Drafts, the Coyotes speaking frankly and FIFAs famous foam. Bruce Arthur, Toronto Star: My thumb is up to the NBA. Heres why. The NBA draft is a show about possibilities, and thats fun. Then, Thursday night, midway through the first round, Adam Silver stopped the proceedings to tell a story about a prospect named Isaiah Austin, whose career ended last week after he was diagnosed with a disease called Marfan Syndrome. Then Silver stepped up to make Austin a ceremonial pick on behalf of the entire Association. They took a moment about the cruel end of possibility, and the NBA made it beautiful. Best moment in draft history, hands down. Steve Simmons, Sun Media: My thumb is up to Don Maloney, general manager of the newly named Arizona Coyotes - and yeah, that sounds weird - for his unusual honesty in explaining why the club has chosen to buy out top-line centre, Mike Ribeiro. Normally youd get a little “blah blah blah” from an NHL GM on why a player was being let go. But Maloney was more than clear here: he said the team didnt want to put up with Ribeiros behavioral issues, could not tolerate them going forward and could not have him part of the team anymore. The Coyotes, who couldnt afford lunch a year or two ago let alone buying someone out, will be paying Ribeiro $2 million a year for the next six years just to go away. Michael Farber, Sports Illustrated: My thumb is up to one of the great sporting advances of the past decade. Baseballs expanded replay? Advanced stats? Heck, no. Im talking about the so-called felony foam world cup referees have been spraying on the field to mark the spot for free kicks and, more importantly, delineate where defenders can set their wall. This low-tech marvel, which looks like shaving cream and dissipates in a minute, eliminates time wasting and the inevitable cheating by defenders who try to creep closer to the spot. While baseball needed a replay room in New York, FIFA found an inexpensive way to literally lay down the law. The gimmick belongs in the sports hall of foam. Sorry. Dave Naylor, TSN: My thumb is up to the sons of athletes who chose their own path to make a name for themselves. Im refering to the selection of Elfrid Payton Jr. in this weeks NBA Draft, going 10th overall to the Philadelphia 76ers. Payton is the son of CFL Hall-of-Famer Elfrid Payton - better known as SWAC to some - who played for five CFL teams including Baltimore, Montreal and Winnipeg. Like recent NHL draft picks Darnell Nurse and Seth Jones - whose fathers played in the CFL and NBA respectively - Payton put his good athletic genes to use in another sport. Its always a nice story to see a young athlete follow in his fathers footsteps. But its a little more interesting to see them go their own way. Carlos Vela Jersey . The Redblacks are taking on the Edmonton Eskimos in their second regular season game Friday night. Catch the game live on TSN as the back end of a doubleheader starting at 10pm et/7pm pt. Raul Jimenez Mexico Jersey . Striker Dario Mandzukic scored the opener in the 22nd minute but was given a red card nine minutes later for a reckless tackle and left Croatia with 10 men for the remainder of the match. http://www.nationalsoccermexico.com/orb ... co-jersey/. There, I saw a teenaged boy with tears in his eyes, being consoled by strength and conditioning coach Randy Lee. Jose de Jesus Corona Mexico Jersey .Dawson also birdied two of the last four holes to reach 12-under 132 on TPC San Antonios AT&T Canyons Course. He won his only title in a PGA Tour-sanctioned event in 2002 in the Web.com Tours LaSalle Bank Open.Im not going to lose any sleep, believe me, Dawson said. I used to be a perfectionist, but my attitude now is to play like Im in the pro-am. Carlos Pena Jersey . - After a back-and-forth battle throughout the season, Alex Guenette has earned the 2013 rookie of the year award for the NASCAR Canadian Tire Series presented by Mobil 1 by just one point over Ryley Seibert.Liverpool legend Phil Thompson believes that silverware is more important to the club than securing Champions League football ahead of Wednesdays Europa League final. The winner of Europes second-tier tournament will qualify for the group stages of the Champions League next season, adding to the importance of the Basel showdown between the Reds, who finished eighth in the Premier League, and La Ligas 7th-placed side, Sevilla.But Thommo, who won three European Cups during his distinguished Anfield career, insists securing silverware is still the most important factor for both the club and the players. Speaking to Sky Sports, Thompson said: If you ask me, winning a trophy is always the most important. People talk about finishing fourth like its winning a trophy but its not. Liverpool have seen off Dortmund and Villarreal to reach the final I think its massive for these players playing in another final. Winning trophies brings you a mentality which you cant put a price on.This is Liverpool Football Club and prestige of competing in finals, especially European ones, is huge, thats why players want to play for this club.Obviously a lot of people in England see it as second rate but in Europe its huge. I remember in 2001 when we won our three trophies and all the foreign players and Gerard Houllier saw the UEFA Cup as the most important one over the FA Cup and League Cup. Winning trophies brings you a mentality which you cant put a price on. Phil Thompson However, Thommo has warned Liverpool fans not to get too carried away if they do return to Europes top competition as Klopp comes to the end of his first season in charge.He added: It puts us back up there competting with the best but it doesnt suddenly make us contenders to win the Champions League.dddddddddddd. Jurgen Klopp insists Liverpool dont need luck to beat Sevilla in the Europa League final Finishing seventh in the Premier League isnt good enough. Its a stepping stone in the right direction but its consistency that this team need in order to compete for the league.What people have still got to remember is this is Brendan Rodgers squad so Klopp still has to do a fair bit of tinkering to get a the right players for his style of play to really be effective. Thommo predicts... Find out what Thommo is predicting for the Europa League final here. Also See: Gerrard hopes for springboard Souness: Reds to win in style Liverpool v Sevilla preview Route to the final Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Discount NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys 2019 Wholesale Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys NFL Cheap ' ' '
lw789
Starszy Forumowicz
Starszy Forumowicz

Podziękował : 0 raz
Otrzymał podziękowań: 0 raz

Wróć do Off Topic